Thursday, July 3, 2008

Knitting update

You may remember a while back I made myself a pair of toe-up socks. As it happened, Hubband really, really liked the yarn, the stripes, and all around how the socks turned out. So I had told him I would see if I could find some similar yarn to make him a pair (he said if I could find the same yarn in browns it would be extra great). I found exactly what he wanted and thus his anniversary socks were destined. I finished them up this week and he is over the moon about them.



Fortunately, our socks seem to like each other and are looking forward to hanging out.




You may remember that last year I participated in the Tour de France Knit-A-Long as a Yellow Jersey rider; aka, the general category. (Well maybe not so much on the remembering, especially if you weren't hanging out here at Casa Coffee Yarn last July.) I am doing it again this year, but this time I am going for the Green. This is what the TdF KAL web site says about it
Green Jersey – also known as a Sprinter. You are choosing a project of average skill for yourself BUT you plan to speed knit and finish it before the end of the Tour. This category is all about the race against the clock.

I will be knitting a Wonderful Wallaby for my sprint over the next three weeks. So don't be surprised to see a blob of black growing furiously over here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great socks!! I'm getting your package finished up, and waiting on one item to come in the mail... I'll let you know as soon as I send it to ya.
Hope you are having a great weekend!

Keepin Cool Swap Pal -