Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ahoy, me hearty readers!

Today is International Talk Like a Pirate Day, happening since 1995, but it really gained recognition with promotion by Dave Barry. It is also significant to Pastafarians, because they consider pirates to be divine beings. So, go talk like a pirate today! (Check out the links too if you want more than just my word for it.)




This was the view from my kitchen window at lunch time today. Well, not exactly. This is really from DTY's bedroom window because the kitchen one is just too dirty to take a picture through. So this is from the floor above the kitchen, but you get the general idea. I think I will clean her window though, it turns out to be a great place to take pictures of the backyard. Of course, I don't know how to run the camera to the best of its abilities; hopefully there will be pictures using the zoom soon. There were a couple more deer that didn't make it into the picture. That part is a bit sad, because there was a mix of deer that had changed color for the fall as well as some that hadn't. I was hoping to show you all "fall deer" compared to "summer deer." Maybe I'll still be able to pull that off. (I think I will clean the kitchen window too.)

So, I figured out the fits I was having with the computer earlier (or the computer was having with the operator, whichever the case may be) that kept me from showing you the very cool stitch markers that Jayne sells over on Etsy. So here they are in their very cool coffee bean glassiness.

I also mentioned that she had very pretty yarn and this is just one of her color ways. She also has one that looks like fall leaves, but you can go and see for yourself what a beautiful job she does.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Ummm....where's the picture from the window (clean or dirty)?

Bubblesknits said...

Those are neat stitch markers! They really do look just like coffee beans!

Yeah, where's the deer? ;-)

Oh, and here's my pirate talk for ye: "Arrrgggggh!"

Anonymous said...

LOL I saw the picture fine :) I LOVE that yarn, the colors are so gorgeous and rich! And those coffee bean stitch markers are so cool...I'm a tea lover myself, but it's be hard to make tea leaves stitch markers ;) They match your blog so well though!!

Anonymous said...

Whoops, sorry, I guess I should have said...

"Yar! Me likes the coffee colored yarn and the matching stitch markers ye have! Yo ho ho and a cup of coffee!"