Monday, September 10, 2007

Falling off the (Ballband)wagon and presents


Well the other night I just had to make another Ballband Dishcloth. It had been over two weeks since the last one after all! Well, and I had seen the new Sugar'n Cream Twists yarn, so of course I had to try it. Lucky for you all, since I haven't posted any pictures for awhile. I am going to be giving you several more to make up for it.


Today I got mail from my Knit One Tea Too Pal! She sent me all sorts of goodies from The Republic of Tea. There is a cup with its own infuser, Rose Petal Tea, some sample bags of two other kinds of tea, a notebook, some fiber Soak (which I have never used), Tea stitch markers, and a few other goodies, as well as Gingerbread Biscotte. The best part of the packages was the yarn! It is Whatnot Sport, dyed by Joni of Union Center Knits and appears to come via Wool Girl. It is very beautiful! I shall give you a close-up of how pretty it is.


I am really looking forward to making myself pink and brown socks. I am hoping she will send me the recipe for the biscotte because they are really, really yummy! I would love to be able to make them and send them to the Daughters. They love gingerbread as much as I do, and the regular stuff just doesn't ship well at all!

"Fall Into Autumn Dishcloth Exchange matches went out today and I have already gotten a present from my Super Spoiler! I am excited about it, but am afraid you all will have to wait a day or two until I show it to you. There is going to be an outage on Blogspot tonight (as I am guessing some of you already know) and I want to get this post up before that happens.

5 comments:

Judy said...

Swoon! Can I fondle your new sock yarn? It looks sooooo fondle-able.

Bubblesknits said...

Wow! Yummy goodies! I'm almost done with my Tea pals box. Just need to knit something. Hmmm....

Super Secret Spoiler said...

Lucky, lucky you!!! I've always wanted to try Republic of Tea's Rose Petal Tea (I LOVE tea myself), and that yarn is simply to die for. And in shades of Rose too!! How beautiful! Lucky girl ;)

Super Secret Spoiler said...

Oh! And I'm glad you got my surprise too...like I said you don't have to use it, but I'm glad you are excited about it!! Just reply to that email I sent if you have any questions and I'll receive the email :)

TeaMouse said...

I have got to master the ball band dishcloth! It is beautiful!