Saturday, September 8, 2007

Needles to drool over

Oh man, I never thought I would desire a knitting needle so much. Now, many of you may remember when the Harlot mentioned these last July, but despite following all the links, I haven't figured out where to get them in the US. Today's inbox included a regular Knit Picks email event, but the picture sent me into drool mode. I don't get all twitterpated about very many things, but these needles have definitely got my heart going a bit faster than normal. I just have to say they are really beautiful!! OK, they are colorful, and I love color. They promise to be nice smooth wood, and I really like smooth wood in my hands (while I enjoy bamboo needles, they aren't as smooth as hardwoods). Oh man, I might need new DPs for socks, or two circulars for socks, or something. Or just pretty pieces of colorful wood to look at and try not to drool on. Well, I am sure I would find something to fill them up with if some of them came to live at my house.

Yesterday and the night before I played with my Wolf for not nearly long enough, but it got late enough I decided to stop. I had my towel pattern all figured out, sampled perfectly, but I needed to order yarn for them. Yeah, I have lots of yarn already, but not the right (weft) yarn. So it is on its way. Then I will be making towels like crazy for my Towel Exchange. I am very excited about the pattern I designed for them. Don't know if anybody else will be, but I am and that is good enough for me!
Oh, I found this really cool pattern recently and think it is pretty awesome too. Maybe I could knit a colorful bag on colorful needles? Sigh. Maybe I should put these on a wish list for Hubband.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Temptress! Those needles have me drooling!

momlee said...

The needles AND the bag are gorgeous. Definitely drooly.