Saturday, September 29, 2007

A smattering of dish cloths

Anne, over at The Bag Lady and the Pro, is having a Dishcloth Contest. I am running late on letting you know about it (but I figure most of you that might want to know that read my blog probably already do know!), but I have had the dishcloth done for a few days. I just haven't posted the picture until now.



I used Bamboo circulars in a size seven. The pattern calls for a size six, so that might account for why mine seems to be a bit bigger than the "expected" results. But hey, isn't a dish cloth really just a good-looking usable gauge swatch? I knit in the "English" style. I will toss the nominee "Leaving Kansas" into the "Name the Pattern" hat.

I have also made this funky dish cloth from the Monthly Dish Cloth KAL. "Funky" because it is so different from most anything I ever make, but it was kind of fun to watch it turn into an apron. I will say, "Yes, I know there are strings hanging off of it. It isn't done yet." I am supposed to crochet around the "neck" and add crocheted ties on the shoulders. Do you all remember that I don't know how to crochet? Thus, why it isn't done. I don;t even know if I am supposed to cut the strings off, so I am waiting until I go to one of my knitting groups this week and see if someone can help me. Hmm, I guess that means I am going to have to find a crochet hook and remember to take it with me.



I have made another dishcloth this week that is for my spoilee in the FIADS. This is the first view.

This is the second view. I finally did a piece of shadow knitting! I think it is pretty cool!
I actually made another dish cloth this past week, but just realized I forgot to take a picture of it. I'll work on that tomorrow when it is daylight and I am not falling asleep.

4 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

That Candy Corn dishcloth is amazing!!! Can you tell me how you did it? My pal would love something like that. :-)

BTW, I love the name "Leaving Kansas". LOL

Anonymous said...

I think your dishcloths are absolutely stunning. Your FIADS spoilee is very lucky to get such a cool dishcloth...I hope you like the one I made for you, it's not nearly as awesome as that candy corn one!

And the apron dishcloth is very neat...I've never seen anything like it before! Once you get the last touches finished it should be completely adorable. :)

And good luck in the contest!! That blue makes the triangles really stand out...and "Leaving Kansas" is so creative!! I really hope you win :)

Montreal Mama said...

That little dress is super cute!

Lapdog Creations said...

Do you have an Etsy shop where you sell your coffee dyed yarn?