Sunday, November 4, 2007

How does this happen?

Have you ever noticed that the time seems to go by a lot faster now than it did thirty-five or forty years ago? Now maybe that isn't true for some of you, and I am more than willing to believe that it has something to do with being almost forty-six instead of somewhere between six and eleven years old. Oddly enough, Hubband and I were just talking about this very thing the other day,and discussing different examples. Like how Christmas seems to come around a lot sooner than it used to; how you plan to call the insurance agent to change your coverage because you just dropped the last kid off at college, and all of a sudden it is weeks (almost months) later; you know, stuff like that?
OK, so you are probably wondering where I am going with this. Well, I had kind of lost track of when the last time I posted here was. I can't say that I have been horribly busy and not had time. I mean, I was doing stuff like reading, knitting, cooking, beading, washing dishes, stuff like that. Nothing that I couldn't have set aside to actually tell you all what I was doing. The time just went by faster than I realized. Sorry, did you miss me?
I did get to the point of decreases on DTE's Fake Isle Hat while I wasn't here, and decided that it just wasn't going to fit her. It barely fit me, and my head is a bit smaller than hers, so I frogged the whole thing. I originally had figured that if it didn't fit her, I would give it to someone else and just make a second one for her, but I didn't like the way the fabric felt. It was just too tight and not stretchy. I started over tonight with the next size needles and am much happier with the results. I am up to the third row of the first chart. It seems to be knitting up faster this time around; I think that is a combination of looser fabric on the right size needles and some of the "been here, done this." I have also been working away on DTY's Dr. Who scarf and will give you progress pictures of that and the hat tomorrow.
I will also admit that I am still being somewhat distracted by the antics of Oribel. I get really distracted with the combination of her plus Sadie. They are getting along quite well and seem to have invented some games to play together. Their favorite seems to be something Hubband and I refer to as "Bag." Kind of hard to describe, but it involves the cat being in the bag and poking the sides to get Sadie's attention. Then Sadie noses the sides of the bag and Oribel bats about at her. Sooner or later Sadie gets to stick her nose right inside the bag and she never gets hurt. Apparently Oribel doesn't use her claws at all when she is playing with the dogs, just when she is playing with Hubband, me, or yarn. They are a lot of fun to watch and we are really glad that they get a long so well. Now if only Oribel would stop crying at the garage door whenever the dogs go on their walk, or just let me put a harness on her so she can go too!

2 comments:

Judy said...

I missed you. :) I even managed a short, totally irrelevant post to my own blog. I'm going to have to try harder. :)

I'm going to have to meet this bagged kitty.

momlee said...

Of course we missed you!
I can certainly understand being distracted watching "bag" - I would love to see that. It sounds like Oribel was meant to be in your family!
And if you think time goes faster now, you're right, but see what it does in 20 or 30 years! Christmas comes every 3 months. Also, things that you think happened a couple of years ago, turn out to have happened 5 or 10 years ago. Or maybe 20 - no, not quite that bad.
More pictures of the golden beauty would be nice.