Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Heartbroken Dog

Yesterday afternoon Hubband asked Simon if he wanted to go for a walk on the Douglas Trail. Of course he wanted to “Go... Walk...” What else in life does he really need? (Well, besides maybe a little more food everyday.) Since this was a spur of the moment decision, Sadie didn't get invited. As in, she hadn't had a dose of Rimadyl and I wasn't prepared to go with to be her personal driver. This did not mean that she hadn't figured out what was going on of course. She knew something important was happening and she wasn't planning on missing out. She got very pushy about getting right by the door to the garage (to the point that I had to pull her away from it so that we could even open it) and then her heart was absolutely crushed when she didn't get to go.
(Warning: Don't watch this if you are easily heartbroken by pathetic dogs.)

7 comments:

Anita said...

Awwwww.... poor Sadie. :(
You could tell she was crushed.

gypsyknits said...

Well I tried to watch the video but halfway through Mr. Bettis and co immediately came to see what all the whining/crying was about. Unfortunately they unanimously agreed with Sadie and her dilemma:)

Bubblesknits said...

Oh how pitiful! I just want to get down on my knees and hold her!

SissySees said...

I say poor YOU. I've been on the receiving end of more than one sad basset fit, and I've tried to walk a basset with aches and pains when he insisted he could and should have a walk. It is heartbreaking for the human!!

Unknown said...

I agree with Chan - poor you! Although I feel for Sadie as well. They think they can and should do it all - don't they? g

Anonymous said...

Poor Sadie! :-(

I'd have broken down and taken her after that ;-) I'm weak!

Natalie Rush said...

Awe!! poor girl!