Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Socks!

Oh, wait. That is supposed to be Happy New Year, isn't it?
I finished this pair of socks last night, just before midnight, and I am very happy with them! (Just ask Hubband, I am sure he will tell you how much I keep going on about their colors, comfieness, etc. to him. I am guessing he will be glad I am gushing about them to someone else besides him.)
I don't know when I started these; several years ago, before we moved here. I do know it was in my "still learning how to knit days," and I hadn't made very many socks when I decided to teach myself the two socks on two circulars method. I am sure that is part of why they got put in a box and were lost for a while, I really needed stuff I didn't have to think about in the midst of relocating and all that goes with it.
Yarn: Cascade Fixation Spray Dyed/Effects
Pattern: Cuff down, 2X2 rib, all the way down to the toe.
I wasn't completely sure about the whole stretchiness of the yarn at times, but I really love these socks and the color. I like that they are cotton (with a little bit of elastic to add stretch) and this yarn has definitely grown on me.
Happy New Year to everyone! I am off to start our Black-Eyed Peas.

4 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

Happy New Year to you, too! Love the socks. :-)

Jane said...

Happy New Socks - and Happy New Year too.

SissySees said...

Happy New Socks! I have some Fixation, and I start over and over, frog, etc. I should give it a chance, huh?

Anita said...

Happy New Year!
Love the socks!! :)