Saturday, December 20, 2008

Our house today

Around ten this morning:

(It hasn't stopped all day.)
 

Of course there is more coming:
Late Afternoon: Snow. Steady temperature around 13. Wind chill values as low as -6. West wind around 24 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow and areas of blowing snow, mainly before midnight. Low around -3. Wind chill values as low as -27. Breezy, with a west wind between 24 and 30 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.


I have stayed inside today (except for measuring duty), but Someone else decided to venture out a few inches.


She had a good time playing with the power cord for the lights Hubband put on the deck. Pulling it out of the snow and pushing snow back over it kept her entertained for at least five minutes. (Which ment she kept Hubband and me entertained as well.) She wasn't quite so impressed with the snow getting in her mouth every time she attempted to bite the cord. (Which was fine with Hubband and me.)

Apperantly being covered with snow is reserved for outside.

 

(For the record, Hubband would probably disagree about the me not complaining about the shoveling yesterday. When he had finished with his conference call in the morning, loaded his stuff in the car, and stopped to talk to me in the drive for a few minutes before getting in the car, I told him I thought he should work at home rather than drive on the unshoveled snow. Apparently that wasn't really an option.)

5 comments:

SissySees said...

We get your cold blast tomorrow, but the wet stuff came as rain yesterday. How is that fair?!

Bubblesknits said...

We had a 35-40 degree drop in temp here in the past 24 hours. It's no wonder I stay sick.

Unknown said...

It is cold but on the side of town I am in, not much snow. Just very very cold. I think I am going to get warm just before I have to leave to go home.

At Home Mommy Knits said...

wow....hope you have lots of knitting projects to keep you occupied and cozy :)

Anita said...

Love the photo of Oribel shaking the snow off! :)