Sunday, December 28, 2008

Catching up

On Wednesday (Christmas Eve), a tree was procured and put up in the front/music room. It was then very thoroughly inspected, from all sides, angles, and heights possible.


After lights were put on, it was completely reinspected, along with the lights, which had to undergo a taste test. (The tree had already had one of those.)


There was more inspecting every time something new happened with or near the tree.


Once we got the presents under it (and inspected) there was mostly guarding to be done. All of the repeated inspections resulted in Oribel having tree sap stuck under her chin and having a couple of her whiskers stuck in the sap. Guess what though? She smelled wonderfully just like a Christmas tree when I snuggled her!

Wednesday also involved baking birthday cake, church for DTE and me, picking up Chinese take-out for dinner, back to church for all four of us, and a bedtime story (this year it is Christmas Day In The Morning).
Our Christmas Morning/Day was filled with the usual suspects of stockings, eating said birthday cake, present opening/inspecting, snuffling, belly rubs, and such.


There was also a game played after the wonderful dinner DTE made.

Friday I got to play with my birthday present all day. Fun times, even with all the help I had.


Hubband took the dogs in to have their nails clipped, and we discovered that they have both lost weight. For some dogs this would be OK, but not these two. We have been able to keep their weight right around fifty pounds ever since they were full grown/out of puppy hood. Well, they are both at about 45 pounds, so now need to put some weight back on! (This might explain why Simon has been shivering when he goes out lately!)

Yesterday Hubband and DTE delivered the baby hat and it was declared to be very cute, tried on, and fit wonderfully! (Thank goodness, though I had sent them with strict instructions that I would make a different size if needed.) Mostly it was a low key day, though Hubband and DTE ended it with going out to the airport last night to welcome our friends home from their year-and-a-half in China. Turned out to be a good thing, as their three kids were exhausted and only one of their nine suitcases had shown up from the Chicago transfer. So the other friends that had also gone out were able to take the kids home and our contingent was able to provide follow-up transportation after all the requisite paperwork was filed.
Today has also been pretty low-key, other than the usual Sunday stuff, DTE heading off to Des Moines for SpamALot, DTY and I headed out to procure fabric and a pattern for a sewing project she is going to do, and other such general stuff. Pretty low key around here, which really means all is good!
(Don't forget to click on the pictures to bigify!)


bruce said...

Great Christmas Eve/Day... and funny stories about Oribel, always interesting to hear about her. What was the dinner DTE made?

gypsyknits said...

Sounds like a wonderful holiday for you and your family:). So happy your tree passed "inspection". LOL

Love the birthday present. Very nice.

Channon said...

What a pretty little helper you have!

Bubblesknits said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. :-) Give your little helper some snuggles for me.

Anita said...

Glad that you guys had a good Christmas!

Miss Oribel is so versitle! Tree inspector/guard, snow inspector, snow removal manager, and sewing helper! That's one talented cat! LOL

Monica said...

Aw I love Oribel stories and pictures! I love how involved she is with the holiday... and Christmas-smelling-snuggle-bug cat would be AMAZING!

laura (knittinkitties) said...

like you, i was amazed that my kittehs preferred to yucky sap water to their filtered water they get! hehe