Friday, February 29, 2008

What I did last weekend

Yeah, maybe I am running a little behind here....
Last week I decided to make tamales for our Sunday night pot-luck, so I started on Friday night with putting the meat in the slow cooker all night. Then on Saturday I made the meat mixture, the red sauce, the tamale dough, soaked the corn husks, and assembled the tamales. I waited until Sunday afternoon to steam them so they would be nice and hot for dinner.
Most of the pictures I took of the process didn't turn out supper well, I think it had something to do with taking them one handed with the other hand a bit messy. I should have just asked Hubband to come run the camera for five minutes, but as you can tell, I didn't. I think you will still get the general idea of how it was done. (You might only notice the lack of picture quality when you click on them.)

Everything in place.

Dough and meat spread on corn husk.


Wrapped up in the husk and ready to put in the steamer.

Cooked and almost ready to eat.


Fresh, hot tamale with tasty red sauce all ready to eat. (I made twenty-nine plenty for both the pot-luck and for us to have leftovers the next day.) They are excellent with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt too!

3 comments:

momlee said...

They sound (and look) yummy. And like lots of work!

momlee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
momlee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.