Thursday, July 19, 2007

Lace

Last night I went to a knitting group that I had never been to before. I had emailed with a lady here in town who is also signed up for MS3 and she told me about the group that meets on Wednesday nights. I had a great time and reconnected with an old friend of mine from the Zumbro River Fiber Arts Guild, which neither of us attend any more. It was great to see her again, and we are going to get together to make glass beads. DTE is hoping to come along as she and I both took a class last summer and had a blast playing with fire and melty glass. Hubband bought me a Hot Head torch last year as an anniversary present, but I still need to figure out a place to work without freezing or overheating too much, or catching something important in the house on fire. Fortunately, I think my friend might be willing to help me figure that out too. Maybe I can bribe her with food...
Another friend of mine from church and Prayer Shawl Ministry was there and she was able to tell me what size needles she had used on a Misty Alpaca Lace shawl she had made this past winter. (We have been playing phone tag for a couple of weeks to pass that information around.) So, I am about ready to start my MS3, now that the extra-large clue number four comes out tomorrow!
Speaking of lace, The Heathen Housewife is having a contest for lace yarn and a copy of Victorian Lace Today. Go check it out and if you decide to enter, please tell her I sent you along.

Pictures of the sweater will be up later today; DTE is off to work, leaving her camera in my babysitting care for the afternoon.

2 comments:

Jayhawk said...

Think fire extinguisher!

K and I are going to see Ratatouille this weekend. I have been waiting breathlessly for it ever since I saw Cars.

Judy said...

Great to see you again! We'll have to figure out a time to find your spot for melting glass (and to play with other stuff, too)!

Have fun with the camera and loading stuff in Ravelry!