Thursday, July 26, 2007

I did knit today and am about to give up

I worked on Dr. Who today and have just about decided that I am going to put the second one on a spare needle (or a piece of yarn if i decide I just have to have it empty)and only knit one at a time. This thing is 60 stitches by 1100 rows of garter stitch, with 53 color changes. Now, I can change colors and weave in my ends as I knit, that is no problem. This is going to take forever if I keep going at this rate of trying to do both of them at the same time! Did I mention that this is with Nature Spun Sport weight? The only one that really needs to be done by a particular time is DTY's. I can take it on the train with me if I'm not done when we leave, but I don't want to haul both of them along. The one for the friend can be done after I get back. There, that feels better.
It is a good thing I have another project to work on as well to trade back and forth when I start feeling like I want to pull my hair out! Plus it keeps making me want to go start something new and that just isn't an option yet. Silly rules we set for ourselves.
Can I just say I am very disappointed in some of the riders(no longer)in the Tour? Like another knitter wondered, would Zabriskie still be in if it hadn't been for dopers? I am also glad that Hubband isn't hearing any of the drama going on during the facts. He'll just have to learn it all after it is over and he has had a great mountain fix (lucky backpackers).
Now I am off to go move a scarf to a place to take a nap, or a short hibernation. Then i am going to work on the Tornado Scarf.

3 comments:

Marti said...

I had to look up Dr Who to see what your were talking about. No cable in the house for 4 years so I am a bit out of touch. That is quite the scarf! How's the chevron coming? Are you doing one in sock yarn?

Bubblesknits said...

What's a tornado scarf? Around here, it would be something to keep our necks warm as the F5 blow us away! LOL

I haven't really kept up with the Tour. It makes me tired just watching those guys. :-)

My Dr. Who scarf is definitely on hold. I can only take so much. LOL

Anonymous said...

Barbara - I got your dishcloth package in the mail this past week and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Sorry I didn't let you know sooner - I was avoiding all outside media until I finished the Harry Potter book. Too afraid someone would spoil it for me. My mother-in-law has already made off with the pattern book you sent, but she wasn't quick enough to grab the yarn too - that'll teach her. Check out my blog for pictures and proper public praise. -Megan