Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Another object over the finish line

I finished up a sweater today that I started some four plus years ago. It is a pattern called "Pyramid Sweater" by Juliane Nollan Anderson for Gooseberry Designs. I can't really remember all the reasons why in went into the apparently deep UFO bin. I know it was partly that I was kind of tired of looking at it for a while and just didn't want to deal with fixing what I thought it had a s a big mistake. Turns out it never had the mistake I thought it did and only needed t have the cuffs and edging picked up and done. DTE says it looks like half a rainbow threw up and wants to borrow it this winter if they have another "Ugly Sweater Party" at college. I'll tell her I'll consider it if she lets me use her camera to get a picture of it posted now instead of having to wait until her dad gets back with ours in two weeks.
It was a great pattern-- NO SEAMS!!!!
I am glad I joined the TdF KAL, I seem to be finishing a lot of stuff I had in the UFO bin.


Tomorrow I need to get serious about DTY's Dr. Who Scarf as she wants it before I leave her at college. Since it is 12 feet of garter stitch in seven different colors, it isn't something I want to knit on the train. The real deal is that I am making two of them at the same time on one long circular needle.




Try as I might, there was just no way I was getting all that yarn in this bag.



So now it is in this bag. I promise, it really is bigger.

1 comment:

Sara said...

You are brave. I think my brother would love a Dr Who scarf. We used to sit about three feet away from the TV while watching TB in action. BUT, I've heard how miserable it is knitting 12 feet of garter stitch! And you're doing TWO!

-JaynaZan on Ravelry