Friday, November 14, 2008

Jacket update

Well, welcome to "One of several reasons why I haven't sewn lately," and this is before machine had been moved to the more convenient location than its normal corner. Except this doesn't include the help I got from the dogs.




 




 

Once I had the machine going, she was helping me by trying to catch the moving fabric, whapping the moving thread-take-up thingy, and then she decided it would be most helpful to just steal the spool of thread and run off with it while I was sewing along. I don't have a separate room to sew in, though I could lock her up in her (bath)room. Of course, then I would just have to listen to her banging the door and Sadie whining about how much her cat was suffering.
In addition to all this help, I defiantly don't have enough of my fabric, so will need to start over with the cutting. It may be just as well. One of my sleeves seems to have gone missing overnight. Who knows when it will turn back up. No, it isn't in the dog's water dish (one of the first places I looked).
Maybe some of those things will just be stuck in my head for a bit longer. Or maybe I will pawn her off on some other family member whenever one is home. Poor person.

7 comments:

momlee said...

But your life would be so boring without her. Well, not really, but maybe a bit less interesting?

Anita said...

She was just making sure none of it went anywhere when you weren't looking. LOL

Did you look in the cabinets for the missing piece? he he

Bubblesknits said...

That is the craziest, funniest cat! I can't believe she ran off with your spool. lol

Anonymous said...

toilet bowl, washing machine, shower, squirrel feeder, bird house, under hubbands feet... No telling wher that goofy cat put it. I think she defines "Twilight Zone"..

Anonymous said...

That fabric is gorgeous! Sorry you don't have enough. XOXO

Jayhawk said...

Sort of like trying to take notes while a calico friend is chomping on the end of the pen you are trying to write with. And, of course, pens keep disappearing overnight from my desk. They never reappear, so there is a sizeable stash of them somewhere.

SissySees said...

SNOL... That delights me far more than it should. It's cute when other people's pets "help", right?

Sorry about the missing sleeve. Gretchen has a little nest behind a chair, next to Sissy's crate. Shall I look there for your sleeve?