Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Essence of Baby

Well, that is how Hubband describes this blanket. He has pretty much summed it up, but he really does mean it in a good way. He knows the mom, he likes the blanket, and he knows she'll love it for her new baby girl. I figure that counts as a seal of approval (well, and the Grandma saw it while I was working on it in Idaho Falls and she says it is perfect).
The pattern is "Rambling Rows Afghan" by Pat Penney and Carol Anderson of Cottage Creations. It is a really great pattern and is designed for several different size choices (baby size through . The yarn is TLC Sparkle Soft in Orchid, Mint, Pink, Yellow, and White.
 

Here is the edge pre-I-cord;
 

front view of the applied I-cord;
 

back view;
 

and the corner view. (The corners are done by knitting three "rows" of I-cord off one edge without attaching and then attaching it to the next edge.)
 


I will leave you with a few random pictures of it, just in case you forgot what it looked like hanging out on "the chair" or wanted a close up of the mitered decreases. (The second picture is probably the closest to the true colors, but I am sure you all get the general idea.) I plan on taking it to show and tell at knitting tomorrow night and then it will be mailed off to it its new owner.

3 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

It's gorgeous! It's going to make some new mom very happy (not to mention the baby!). :-)

Jayhawk said...

I'm not even into knitting or babies (well, maybe babies a little bit), and that is utterly awesome.

And your word verification has gone banannas here; goodness. Usually there's four letters or so. What did I do to deserve this?

momlee said...

"a little bit"? Jayhawk, I have seen you like mush with babies. Especially CoffeYarn, and her babies, in fact. I have a picture of you with one of her's, and you look like someone else who was notoriously mushy over babies.
As for the blanket, it is, indeed, gorgeous!