Monday, December 10, 2007

Happy Dance!

So the doorbell has rung twice already today, and it hasn't even been the postman. The first time was the DHL guy with Hubband's new monitor. No happy dance for that, at least as far as I am concerned, but I know he was pretty happy about it.
The second doorbell ring was the FedEx guy bringing us potatoes. That is a major Happy Dance box in my book. Fresh Idaho potatoes! Having grown up in the major potato growing area of Idaho, I tend to be a bit picky about where the russets on my table come from, and how old they are. (BTW, if you were eating Idaho russets in September, they were a year old.) Yep, I am fairly easy to please.
So I suppose you are wondering why these have shown up here on our doorstep. We didn't order them and no one in our families sent them to us. They were a gift from some Boy Scouts, to Hubband and DTY. Something about rescuing the Boy Scout's stuff in a rainstorm last summer while backpacking. I'll see if I can get Hubband to write up the story here for you folks. It is a good dead paid back in yummy food. Guess what we are having for dinner tonight? (Yes, everything has to be inspected. I just didn't catch Simon and Sadie giving the box the once over.)

This is a quick picture of one of the tings I did with myself on Saturday. French Onion Soup Bread ready to go into the oven.
FOSB and Multi-grain bread cooling after hanging out in the toasty oven.
More to come soon! (More kitten updates, more dog updates, more yarn and knitting updates. Yep, in general more.)
Oh, and thanks so much for all the wonderful Happy Birthday wishes! I loved them all!

No comments: