Thursday, March 26, 2009

Nope, no marshmallows here either,

but there are socks, and another baby hat.


 

There is a guy who works at the coffee shop where our knitting group meets and he is really wonderful to us, always friendly, and an all around great guy. When I found out that his wife was going to have a baby (not their first), of course I wanted to make something for them as a small token of of thanks for how wonderful he has been to us! They already knew it was going to be a boy, so I made my standard baby hat in blue, with matching socks.
Last night was the first time I had seen him since the baby was born a couple of weeks ago, so I delivered them to him. He was very touched and thought they were really cute. I even got to see pictures of his whole family enjoying their new brother!
(This brings me to 5 of 12, just in case anyone is wondering. Though I do have half of #6 done. Oh, and a tailor's ham is perfect for steam blocking a baby hat!)

3 comments:

Jane Doe Jenn said...

Those baby socks are adorable!

SimplyMe said...

Awwww, those are priceless.

SissySees said...

And here I am, working on 3.12...

You're so thoughtful!