Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sock knitting

I have been knitting away on (half of) a pair of socks, watching it grow, and loving the colors. It has grown from a tiny bit of ribbing since you saw it last, to having a heel and most of a foot in the last few days.
 

This afternoon I pulled it out to help it finish growing to the point of being ready for a toe, and discovered a problem. I have heard of a few folks having trouble with the join of these needles, so I thought I might be able to stick them back together, and I could at least check out the policy on replacement.
 

But then I found the other end in my sock bag, and discovered the situation was much worse than I had first thought. Fortunately, I do have some DPNs in this size, so tomorrow I will be transferring stitches (and probably seeing about getting a new long circular in this size). Needless to say, I was disappointed about this development, but am glad I found out about it before heading out with it as my project for tonight!
(I might have another pair, or three, in process as well.)



 

5 comments:

Claudia said...

I've had needles come apart during projects and it just drives me insane! The socks I'm making now are on dpns (my first time using them) and I'm very glad that I don't have to worry about the cables coming apart. ugh!

SissySees said...

Yeah... Kinda' has soured me on Knitpick Options. Until I can make the transition to Addis or find a wood/bamboo 40" circ with a great tip, I'll keep chancing it with the KPOs when I have to.

Anita said...

That's no fun! I haven't had any trouble with my KPO's (nickel plated) but then I don't use the super long ones either... your sock looks good though. :)

Bubblesknits said...

I haven't had any problems either, but then I rarely use the harmony line. I'm always afraid I'll snap one doing a k2tog or something, so I use the nickel plated.

Have you tried the HiyaHiya brand?

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how frustrating that must be - breaking needles in a project! whoa!!
Betty in Texas