Friday, August 31, 2007

Mail and shopping yarn


DTE and I stopped at Yarn Harbor briefly yesterday after unloading the truck at her college dorm/apartment. She picked out this yarn so I can make her this hat. The colored yarn is "Brook Trout". I don't think she noticed the name when she picked it, but I find it rather entertaining. I think I will have some left over, but might wind up using it for mittens for her. There may be several fisher folk I am related too that wind up liking the name/color besides her. One of the things I enjoyed seeing from the train window as I went across Montana was real water that brook, rainbow, and cutthroat trout would live in.



There was a package waiting in my mailbox for me today. This yarn was in it and it turns out it was a prize I won for Catie's Tornado Scarf project for WhoDuKnit. I was rather taken back when I had been notified I had won the project prize. Each skein is enough to knit one pair of socks, so I will have choices about what to do with it. Socks for me and someone else, socks for two others than my self, socks and a scarf, etc.

I have made a small amount of progress on Dr. Who since I got home, it helped that I took it to Wednesday night knitting group this week. I feel like I still have catching up from being gone to do before I can settle into a planned knitting time routine. I am getting ready to put a new project on the loom and have hospital visits (which I love doing even more than knitting or weaving) next week, so it might be a bit longer until I start that routine thing. Not like I am ever really that organized.

1 comment:

Super Secret Spoiler said...

Wowsa!! After seeing the GORGEOUS scarf you created, I can honestly say you not only deserved the prize, but a standing ovation for that kind of creativity!! The flowers on the scarf along with the colors were truly beautiful ...it made me want to read the book! LOL