Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A little catching up and whirlwind traveling

I feel so behind the last few days. I have been helping put together a big social event at church, which went off well Saturday night. Food, games, intergenerational, two parish event. Stuff like that. Folks had a really good time and it was a lot of fun seeing several different retired folks and other adults being tutored in the fine art of Dance, Dance, Revolution by DTY and folks learning about Guitar Hero (DTE helped with that one). Mr. A had a lot of fun too. I will get a few pictures of that up at some point, but it might not be for a bit.
Mr. A went home Sunday. We thought really seriously about just keeping him here and all, but decided that maybe my brother wouldn't like that so much. That plus the fact that he is supposed to go to the Utah Shakespeare Festival with my mom in a week. Why do I have to keep sending him back? He has decided that walking Simon with his Uncle H is a great thing to do every night and sleeping out in the tent is a very cool thing (I wonder if he wants to come during winter break for the annual winter/snow camping in January?).
DTY and I get on the train by the banks of the Mississippi River Tuesday evening to pop out on the other side in Portland, Oregon, on Thursday morning. So I have a bit over twelve hours to finish this post, get some sleep, and finish up getting ready to leave for two weeks. I am taking Kaylee with me, but won't have connection until Thursday afternoon or Friday. So, you'll just have to wonder about stuff for a few days. ("Right lady, like anybody is really holding their breath until your next post the rest of the time!"). No promises on pictures while I am gallivanting about the West Coast, but I promise you'll get some after I get home.
So, a little more catching up to be done. Last week I took the three children to Greece and Pompeii for the day. It was really fun to see DTE all excited and pointing. I wasn't next to her, but I knew she was bopping her sister's knee and meaning, "I was there!" "I saw that in June!" when she was pointing. Pompeii was fun too, I got to do the "I was there" stuff as well. We had a really great time and all in all, it was a lot of fun.
I am off to sleep, and to see if Miss Sadie will venture outside now that the rain has slacked off. Heaven forbid her feet should have to step in a puddle!

2 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

I have to admit, I kinda like "Guitar Hero". The hubby has gotten me to play it a few times, but it's embarassing how badly I screw up the songs. LOL

I can't wait to see the pictures, though! Have fun on your trip!

Jayhawk said...

Take pictures on the train, and especially of the train.