Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Beautiful yarn and knitting progress

This is the yarn I got from Marti for the first round of the Hand Dyed Yarn Swap. She got the blank yarn from Recycled Silk, and I am thinking I am going to have to place an order from them sometime. She did an awesome job making beautiful colors. I did a good (or bad, depending on how you look at it) job of tuning it into a tangled mess, but Hubband said he would help me untangle it and turn it into a nice ball. What a sweet guy! (I am not sure he knows what he is in for, but he might. He is a fisherman after all.) If anyone wants to see what the yarn I sent looks like, hit the button on the side bar and scroll through what lots of folks got, or just go here or here. Marti also sent me a tin of those yummy Dark Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Altoids. No, they weren't in the picture













This is the progress I have made on DTY's Dr. Who scarf. It is currently about 65 inches long (unblocked) and has 536 rows out of 1140, so not quite half done. Now, if I just stay on track and keep knitting on it every day. Somehow, I don't think I am going to keep up on it at the same pace I had on the train. (I promise I will have better pictures when it is done.)
We had 3/4 of an inch of rain last night, just in case any of you are wondering.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I always have my fisherman Hubby help me with winding balls because he is so respectful of the yarn and the importance I place on not tangling the "line".

Super Secret Spoiler said...

That is gorgeous yarn...I absolutely love blues...what are you going to make out of it? And kudos to the hubby for the help too!

That scarf is beautiful also with all the different colors in it...how long did it take you to get that far on it? You really are quite a talented knitter!