Saturday, August 4, 2007

Knit 1 Tea 2 Color Swap Questionnaire

Knit 1 Tea 2 Color Swap Questionnaire

1. Do you like loose tea or bags, or both – something you want to try?
Both or either. Some of the teas I like only come loose.

2. What is your favorite kind of tea (Brand, flavor, variety, etc)?
Black. I drink a lot of Republic of Tea's Earl Greyer. I also really like their limited edition (once a year)Rose Petal Tea. I love Pike's Place Market Cinnamon Orange, but have a really hard time getting that. I have had some from The Spice Merchant in Wichita, KS, that is also really awesome!

3. Favorite color in regards to tea or one you would like to try? (black, green, red, and white) (keeping in mind that this is how this swap is set up).
Black tea is pretty much all I drink, except for Red Safari Spice from Celestial Seasonings. Other than that one I am not too crazy about red rooibos teas.

4. Would you say you were a tea pot kind of person or just a hot water heater kind?
I drink a lot of tea, usually by the cup, but I love it when Hubband, DTE, or DTY want to share a pot with me. It gives me an excuse to get one of the pots down from the top of the cupboard.

5. What tea accessories would you like but have never purchases for yourself?
A tea cup with its own infuser insert.

6. How do you prefer to be pampered? (examples: mani/pedi, bubble bath, yummy treat, etc).
Having someone else fix dinner? But since that doesn't happen very much, I have been known to settle for a yummy treat.

7. If you were a kind of yarn what would you be and why?
Something different from the usual, blended with wool, like Sea Wool or something similar; because I tend to follow the rules/directions up to a point and then I just have to do it my own creative way.

8. If you had to knit/crochet baby booties, a fun fur scarf, or a fair isle sweater, which would you choose and why?
Well, it would be knitting for certain, because I don't crochet. I have been thinking about doing baby booties, just because they look like they could be fun and some friends just had a baby yesterday. On the other hand, I have knit a Potato Chip Scarf out of something similar to Fun Fur, because somebody I love asked me to. I can't say I would be jumping all over the Fun Fur wagon again, but I have been known to do some stuff folks wouldn't expect from me all in the name of love. I might do the sweater just for the challenge, just 'cause I am like that. I am not really know for taking the easy route in life.

9. What other event would make you skip a tea party? (A garden party? A book club meeting? A yoga class? Opening night for a new action thriller? etc?)
Knitting with friends (but there would be a good chance we would be drinking tea or something!), my book club, or dinner out with Hubband.

10. What treat would you consider essential at your tea party? (Sweet? Salty? Scones? Those petite pastry trays with a couple of all sorts of things? Little crust less sandwiches?)
Scones. Fresh blueberry or candied ginger, or cranberry orange ones. Either that, biscotte, or gingerbread.

11. When buying yarn for a project how do you choose - do you buy the one called for or do you substitute?
Well, I will use the one called for if I like the look/feel of it, and it is available, but back to that part about me not always following the rules? Well, that goes for yarn substitutions too. Probably why I have not always had stuff turn out quite like the pattern, but I have learned a lot and that is often my real goal.

12. What do you carry your knitting/crocheting in when on the go?
Usually a canvas bag. Sometimes a bag Hubband has brought home from a convention. Right now I have Dr. Who in PADI Dive duffel (which seems fitting since both are DTY's, but that isn't terribly portable).

13. Favorite movie to watch while knitting/crocheting?
Usually I listen to NPR or a recorded book. If it is a movie, it has to be in English.

14. Are you a traditional tea cup kind of person or a mug type of person? Do you care if they match?
Traditional tea cup? What's that? Oh, I remember, my mom has a china cabinet with those in it! (With any luck, at least some of them might be mine some day!) I am a mug kind of person and the only reason I would have any in the cupboard that match would be because I might have more than four from our dishes in there. (No, our dishes don't exactly match. That might count as following the rules/expectations of somebody.)

15. Favorite childhood birthday party?
Hmm, I don't remember very many of mine, but maybe the year I finally got homemade ice cream. Or the year I turned thirty and got to drive my mom and Hubband crazy leading up to it because I was so excited to be turning thirty (then I got to drive him crazy again when I turned forty). Plus, I was probably the youngest one there by at least ten years (not counting my kids or Hubband).

16. Favorite type of scone and jam?
Well, I have already mentioned my favorite scones, but I don't put jam on any of those. I do really like sweet cream scones with my homemade strawberry-rhubarb jam though.

17. If you use candles, what is your favorite scent?
I don't use them very much, but when I do I like either lemon or vanilla.

18. If you could choose 3 people to have 'tea' with, who would they be and why? (famous or not, living or dead).
My girls, 'cause I jut love hanging out with them.
My friend Suzanne that I haven't seen in years, because I miss her and she helped me learn how to knit.

19. You've been invited to a tea party, what 'props' will you wear (formal or casual)?
Comfy clothes, 'cause you just can't have fun if you are worried about spilling or your feet hurting.

20. Any allergies/preferences you have or are willing to admit to?
Cigarette smoke and strong floral smells. House dust and strong smelling cleaning supplies (one of several reasons why I don't do bathrooms!).

21. Anything we missed that you want your pal to know?
I'm not a very fussy person, I'm pretty laid back about life, and see a lot of joy and fun in most things. Thus, I will be pretty easy to please 'cause I will be having fun no matter what!

2 comments:

momlee said...

The reason she didn't get homemade ice cream until "later" is because her birthday is in December, and hand crankers are messy inside. Her big brothers' birthdays are in July and early September. The July one is the 4th, so we pretty much always had homemade ice cream for that.

Mary said...

Thanks for the easy find :)
I am a coffee drinker..all day long!! (but Love tea too)