Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Rainy Day

I think Longfellow may have had it right. Well, OK, I feel a bit on the whiney side today (which can apparently be spelled with or without the "e"). My thoughts are definitely "clinging to the past." I may, or may not be able to get the cool coffee beans back on my side bars; same with the header picture, though I have thoughts on a new one for that. But I really miss my cool beans...... (I know, "pull in my lip or a bird will come land on it". What, most of you didn't hear that growing up?)
Seriously, it really has been raining off and on all day, with more predicted for tonight. They keep going back and forth about rain for tomorrow and into the weekend (it also rained earlier in the week, but I forget which day). Good thing I got the lawn mowed over the weekend, since Sadie was pushing grass with her belly on Sunday and I am sure Simon would be getting lost in it about now. (Yes, he is a couple of inches taller.)
Fortunately there was one sunny and warm day this week, so I am sure most of you know what that means.


Hanging out in the sun,

 




first knitting of the season in "the chair,"
 

and of course, Oribel had the best spot for keeping an eye on everyone. (This was intermixed with checking out all sorts of stuff in the yard.)
I did get to drink my coffee outside this morning in between "scattered showers and thunderstorms," so that was a plus for the day. That is about all I've got for now......

7 comments:

Betty in Texas said...

coffee on the deck with the lovestock sounds great...AND knitting! who cares what the computer is up to ;-))

Laura said...

Will be happy to help you make new cool beans as a side dish as soon as I am done with finals.

Laura said...

Incidentally, where does Blogger say your banner was saved? Any chance you can find that site cached in google somewhere?

Bubblesknits said...

I always got "stick it out any further and you'll trip on it." lol The fur children look like they enjoyed the sunshine.

SissySees said...

Sun! We almost have some of that here, for the first time since Saturday morning. As with Saturday, it is only supposed to last a few hours, and this afternoon, we'll have more rain and storms.

(But Wordpress hasn't eaten anything lately on my blog, so that's a plus.)

Betty aka Fudgie said...

Barbara...with all my ailments for the last six weeks (that's my excuse) did I thank you for the great vintage apron? I really appreciate it and I doooo like it! I need my hubby to make me a much larger "rack" to hang my "collection" in the kitchen. I am glad you were my partner and to receive your vintage apron!

Arthur said...

Of course most people didn't grow up hearing "pull in [your] lip or a bird will come land on it". Most people can't stick it out as far as you can.
Not that I remember being told that, and I can...