Thursday, August 14, 2008

I really did knit a Pop-Tart


Well, it is also a camera case. It even has a pocket for those "extras."
The original idea/pattern can be found here, but I did a lot of modifications to it. It makes project number five over the finish line. (Please note that these have all been small, fast, easy projects!)
This item, along with the chocolate rabbit are serving double duty (hence, why I tossed them into the Ravelympis ring in the first place). For WhoDuKnit in July we read Dead Sleep by Greg Iles. It was a really great read; I enjoyed it enough to read a couple of his other books afterwords. (Which has made me a bit behind on this month's book.....)
At one point in the book, the main character, Jordan, has been kidnapped and is having insulin put into her via IV. The plan is to keep her almost dead, but not quite. She had found a bag full of junk food, including Pop-Tarts and Twinkies, and had eaten those to counter-act the insulin. (I won't bother explaining the science here that they explained in the book.) So I did the Pop-Tart and figured a chocolate bunny counted a junk food. I am going to give the bunny to a friend of mine next Easter. She doesn't really like chocolate at all, so never has one in her basket and I figure this will be a good substitute. I think I will make one for our other friend became diabetic in this past year. I actually don't really have a need for the Pop-Tart camera case, but Jordan is a professional photographer, so.... Anybody need a pink and tan vegan camera bag that looks like food?

2 comments:

SissySees said...

Slugs and Poptarts. You're one clever, creative lady!

Bubblesknits said...

You make the neatest things!