Monday, February 25, 2013

Well, that challenge didn't go well.

Or perhaps it is better put that I lost the challenge, or something. Also known as a shiny new idea ran around and around in my head and the only way to get it to stop was to bring it to life.  So on Saturday I got some yarn out, scrounged around to find a needle compatible with the yarn, cast on a bunch of stitches, and knit them for awhile to see how it would turn out.  Of course I was also telling myself that this new idea would be a lot easier to take out in public on Sunday since it was only one color and I wouldn't need to look at charts and other "pay attention stuff" that could be distracting to the people around me.
The only thing was, after working on it for several hours yesterday, I decided I wasn't crazy about the gauge and how long it was taking me to knit each row.  So today I ripped it all out, added a second strand of yarn and with bigger needles cast on fifty less stitches than I had before, and now have something that I am a lot happier with.  That said, I did work on my "two-color-at-home" project tonight and now have it back to just one color on the final ribbing, so it will quite likely get bound tomorrow.  (If it is any help, think of it as kind of like the difference between N and HO scale.)

No comments: