Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lake Driveway and randomness

This is the (some time ago) promised picture of our driveway. This view is from the top looking towards the house. We have sunshine, blue sky, and it is almost up to 50° here. It is actually warmer now at almost five pm than it was at three this afternoon.

This wonderful weather leads to this. Can you see Lake Driveway forming? (You might need to biggify.)



Here is a close-up with a reference point.
 

Sadly, this is what NOAA says is coming
Tonight: A chance of rain, snow and sleet after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. West wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 37. Northwest wind around 11 mph.
Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 19. North wind around 11 mph.
Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 35. North wind between 11 and 13 mph.
At least the lake will have a chance to grow during the day even as it ices over at night. Fortunately it won't require anything like this like spring in Duluth does.
These are the slippers I have been working on for Hubband. They are all ready to felt, once he gets back home and a we get a picture with them on his feet for a "Before" picture to go with the inevitable "After."
 


Here is the latest on my hat project
#10

#11
 

While wandering the 'net today, I came across this pattern. I might have to make one for Oribel's bathroom. Not that she would use it for anything besides dropping in the dog's water dish. I'm thinking Jessi needs one just because of its name.
I also came across two patterns related to my favorite dishcloth pattern.
This one is really cool (and I am thinking I will get sucked into getting a copy of the pattern). Gorlitsa, the adapter of the pattern donates a (fair) portion of the proceeds to the wider knitting community. However,this pattern seems like a bit much to me.
My uncle posted this, so I thought I would share it with those of you that don't read him on a regular basis.
Tomorrow is an important international holiday of a certain segment of the geek population. What are you making for dinner and/or dessert? Mine will probably involve chili rellenos and caramel apples.

5 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

LOL I think Oribel definitely needs a "Bubbles". ;-p And thanks for the link to the knitted tree. I left your Uncle a comment. hehehe

Good luck with Lake Driveway! lol

Anonymous said...

I think if you did the Easy Weave Pullover in red and maybe a rust, it would look just like a brick wall!

The news the other night said that some places in WI have over 90" of snow, and when THAT starts to melt...yikes! We get a little stream in the backyard most years and that's it (fingers crossed).

Everyone should have a Bubbles!

Jayhawk said...

Dare I ask how, precisely, you make chili rellenos? Should I post my recipe and you post yours and the rest of the family can vote for accuracy?

Barbara B. Solbrig said...

Ummmm, well how I make chili rellenos pie for pi day is very different than how I fix Chili Rellenos.....

Anonymous said...

YES!! please post both recipes (or three if you count both of B3's) and we can vote. Or not. At least we get some yummies out of it :) Although I suspect B3's way is my way (or our mothers..)