Thursday, June 28, 2007

This came in my mail today

This was in a package in my mail box today. It isn't part of any exchange, it is just a gift from my mom. I thought I would show it to anybody that wants to look. She sent me two cotton chenille washcloths; a pale blue one, and a cream colored one. I have never had chenille washcloths of my own, I just have made them for other people, including her. Yep, it is the same pattern that I used when I learned how to knit, but I started with Peaches and Cream.


She did not just learn how to knit BTW. She is one of those crazy people who decides they want to learn how at some point in life, and starts with argyle socks, probably on DP's. I am sure they were very cooperative socks and came out perfect for her. She is very lucky that way. I don't think she knits argyles any more though.

3 comments:

Marti said...

Hey Barbara,
I would love to hear about how you dye yarn with coffee. I have some alpaca/silk that is white and would love to make it a light brown or tan.
Marti

Barbara B. Solbrig said...

I am going to be doing some soon, but you need to start with mordanting your yarn as you would with any natural dyes. I will put up a post in the next week or so when I do it. Will that be soon enough?

momlee said...

I did the argyles on dp only after the pattern part was done - then made a seam up the back. Too many bobbins to fit inside the circle. And no, I haven't done any in a long time. Ran out of people who would wear them a long time ago.