Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Dog Days Dish Cloth answers

ru knitting daily? (I am sticking this image up twice, this one is for my mom.)



Ok, maybe some folks that read this blog, know a lot about me already, but with any luck, I am going to virtually meet folks that don't through this blog. (I am hoping these are real people out there, not virtual ones!) Thus, I am going to answer these questions so they can get to know me a little. Maybe those of you that think you know me will learn something new!

Do I knit, or crochet, or do both? Well, I knit and weave, to be honest. I have tried to crochet with beads, but it never works and just makes me mad. Now, what is the point in that? There are so many other ways to play with yarn and beads, and I don't like being mad, so I don't crochet. (Maybe if I tried again without involving the beads while I am trying to learn how...)
How long have you been knitting\crocheting? Knitting has been a happening thing for me for about eight or nine years now. I think my mom tried to teach me when I was little, but that was a lost cause because there were trees and fences to climb. Not to mention the bikes to ride, brothers to chase, and kittens to get dressed.
Have you knit dishcloths or dishtowels before? Well, knitting dishcloths is the best way to learn how to knit, or so I was told when I decide I had time to learn how to knit. Oh, and it is WAY more portable than weaving while waiting for three kids at various music lessons, scouts, appointments, and stuff.
What are your favorite cotton yarns? Is there a cotton or linen you've been dying to try but have not? Well, I have knit a lot of dishcloths out of Peaches and Cream, cotton chenille, and similar yarns to those. I have woven towels with cottolin, but never knit with it. So, it would be fun to have something different for knitting dishcloths with. I can't say that I have ever thought of using the cottolin to knit with, but now I might have to look down in the stash to see if I have any around. Oh, and I have wanted to try bamboo and soy yarn, but I don't know how they are for dishcloths.
Are there any cotton yarns you don’t enjoy knitting with? Well, cotton/metallic blends make scratchy dishcloths.
What type of needle do you prefer using? (Metal/Wood/Plastic) Well, that winds up depending on the yarn. If it is really slippery, I tend to prefer bamboo, but if it is a bit sticky, I like metal better. I am not a real big fan of plastic needles.


(If you are a knitter you probably understand this. If you aren't, your eyes have either glazed over by now, or you gave up on this post several questions back.)
What other projects do you enjoy knitting or crocheting? Well, you already know by now that I don't enjoy the crochet thing, so this is all about the knitting. Scarves, sweaters, shawls, bookmarks, socks, hats, baby blankets, etc. I am pretty much up for learning/trying something new or different.
Do you have other hobbies or enjoy other kinds of crafting? Oh, I guess this is where I was supposed to mention the weaving. Well, I weave (I guess you know that by now), dye yarn (you might have noticed that about me already), cooking, reading, beading, sewing, playing in the dirt with plants, hanging out with my family. Umm, I am sure I have left something out, but I am not sure what at this point.
What kind of treats do you like? Chocolate? Candies? Nuts? Garlic stuffed olives, spanakopitakia, dolmathes, home made bread and jam, gingerbread, chocolate covered cinnamon Altoids, weird stuff like that.
What colors are your kitchen and bath decorated in, if any? Umm, the kitchen isn't really decorated It is black and white, so I try to throw any color its way I can.
What are your favorite colors and what colors do you dislike? I don't think I could say that I have a favorite color, or that there are any that I dislike.
Do you drink coffee? Tea? Other beverages? Coffee of the dark and greasy variety (such as French or Espresso roast, preferably craft roasted). I also drink tea and am quite fond of Earl Grayer. Now that it is hot, I am drinking a lot of iced tea. I also drink Guinness, wine,and I like Talisker.
Do you have any kids (human or pet variety!)? I have three kids and two basset hounds. We used to have cats, but you can read more about that in a previous post.
Do you have any allergies? Weird and strong perfume smells, some cleaning products, dust, stinging nettle, cottonwood pollen, stuff like that.
Please share 3 tidbits about yourself that you think your pal and other swappers might find odd or interesting.
Well, I have known my husband of 22 years for about 37 years.
I am a huge sap and cry and lots of stuff, this makes my family giggle at me, but they say they wouldn't want me any other way.
My youngest child leaves for college this fall, and I am still getting them a new children's picture book every year for their Christmas Eve bedtime story.

Well, I hope that everyone has learned at least a little bit new about me, and I hope a lot a folks have learned a lot more.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be sad about your youngest leaving for college. I was sad when mine did for about a week. Then I took great satisfaction in the knowledge that I had prepared her for her life, that she didn't need me to organize her day to day events and in the event of an emergency (i.e. me missing her), she was only 3 hours away :)

Barbara B. Solbrig said...

I'm not sad about her leaving, I am very excited for her. I never really worry about if my kids are going to be ok, more about me (or their dad). I do figure I will cry when I get back on the train for the fourty hour trip back home though. Just 'cause I know I am a sap and cry at all sorts of stuff. Since she is do far away (clear over to the western ocean from the Mississippi River), she knows she'll have to put up with me calling her at least everyother week.

Bubblesknits said...

Your list of treats made my eyes pop! LOL

I've always wanted to learn how to weave, but between spinning, knitting, and everything else, I don't know where I would fit it in! LOL

Sandy said...

ooo lots of good info on what treats to include in your sock kit. I hope you got my e-mail

momlee said...

The chenille dishcloths are great, but I use mine (that she sent me years ago, probably ones that she learned on) for my face, they are so soft.
The homemade bread and jam (and just about anything else she cooks) are great.

Barbara B. Solbrig said...

Thanks for the plug on my cooking, Mom. I can't decide which I like better, my bread or my Spanakopitakia. Oh wait, there is always the Baklava or Gingebread. I had a couple of great teachers that always let me try anything I wanted!

Newly Knitting said...

I enjoyed your post very much and look forward to sending off a wee package to you soon!!! I'll check back again later!! Enjoy the day!

Newly Knitting said...

Oh, yes, and I'm your Dog Days of Summer Secret Pal (DDSSP) - Wow, that's quite the initials!!! =)