Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Plants and dirt, but no planting

Well, I did get to the nursery for potting soil, post bags and some flowers, but I didn't get the stuff planted. I am hoping to get that done tomorrow before I drive to the Twin Cities airport to pick up Daughter The Elder. Guess who gets home from Greece tomorrow!!! She called yesterday after they got back to Athens, and even though she is having a wonderful time and loves Greece, she is about ready to come home. I kind of got the impression that she would be happy to stay longer if her travel companions were somewhat different. She said she has lots of pictures and I am assuming she has lots of stories. I pick her up at four pm and then we drive home in real rush hour stuff; so don't count on a post tomorrow.
I did do a little knitting on a prayer shawl during the last part of a movie (well I knit after I ripped, but hey). It is almost half done, which is good as I have a purse to knit for DTE and yarn coming for a Dr Who scarf for Daughter The Younger. Not like I don't have another scarf going as well, but it is a smaller protect. I really have two Dr Who's to make and may do them at the same time on the same needles. (I will admit that I don't think I have ever had just one knitting project going at a time since I first learned how.) Just think, 40 plus hours knitting time on the train to and from Portland in August! (That is factoring in sleep time by the way. It is about 40 hours on the train one way.)
I will give you more pictures soon!

No comments: