Monday, May 28, 2007

A perfect day to spend playing "Diggy-Dirt"

 
This was today's project. Unfortunately, there isn't a before picture. I removed some vines, weeded, turned over dirt, added potting soil from last year's porch pots and manure, and turned over again. Then I planted twelve tomato plants, one zucchini, and two cucumbers. I need to get a few more cages, some mulch, and something else, but I don't remember what right now, and that garden will be done. It isn't very big, only 11 feet by 8 feet, so that is why it is mostly tomatoes. They are one of the few things that I just have to grow in my limited space and then I get a lot of other stuff at the Farmer's Market. Maybe it seems like a lot of tomatoes, but less than I had last year 'cause they were just too crowded.
Tomorrow I am hoping to get stuff for the porch pots and bags for the posts. Some of the pots go out front and some go on the deck. Some get to be flowers and some get to be herbs. Basil is a requisite of course, and the rest depends on what they have at the nursery when I get there.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice garden! Thanks for sharing this site with me!