Sunday, October 7, 2007

Maybe there is something about Fall I don't like

I am sure you all were beginning to think I must live in a dream land for all the gushing I have been doing about the wonders and beauty of fall. Yeah, so I forgot there is at least one thing I really don't like, I might even use the word "hate," about fall. The invasion of the bugs.

Every fall the Box Elder Bugs cover the front of our house. They get inside the house too.
 

And they cover the dog house.
 

They also cover the side of the house and the door we go out to put the dogs in the yard by their house. That means they dive bomb whoever comes through the garage and opens this door to put the dogs out. They dive bomb your hair, your ears, your nose.
 

Just in case you need a close up of one. It is just going to get worse. We will soon be covered with these plus Asian Beetles. Not only do they dive bomb everything, get tangled in your hair, and get into your house; they bite, hard! They also release some nasty smell every time they get upset or disturbed. Yeah, they come into the house too.
 

So, I am going to leave you with this picture of what I worked on today. I just need to stuff it and close off the bottom. Then I'll see if it looks more like what it is supposed to represent. Any guesses?

5 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

We have the same problem every Spring, except with ladybugs. They stink, too.

No guesses on the furry, knitted, hat looking thing. Although, it's been a long day so my brain isn't at it's best right now. LOL

Jayhawk said...

Oh, yeccch.

They remind me of the "love bugs" in Florida. Swarms twice a year lasted about 4-6 weeks and made life hell. Would turn a windshield opaque on the freeway in about two miles. Had to wash the car every day when I got home from work, else the squashed bugs would pit the paint.

San Diego is nice, almost don't need screens on the windows, as the desert climate means virtually no bugs pretty much all year.

Jane said...

I guess we all have our little pests - in Maine it's the blackflies which swarm in May and June.
Hmmm - stuff it and close up the bottom? A pillow?

Montreal Mama said...

I hope my upstairs doesnt get bugs, my tenants leave pizza crusts under their bed... ew! Sorry about the ants... they look nasty!

TeaMouse said...

We have those here in Saskatchewan and I've only ever known them as Maple Bugs and they are really yucky! I hate the dive bombing they do - those sneak attacks when you least expect it.