Friday, March 1, 2013

Leading an introspective discussion

about a movie or book isn't exactly my favorite thing to do, but I keep volunteering for it at least once a year. Don't get me wrong, it isn't like I really hate it or anything, it just means that I have to think of interesting and topical questions. As it happens, I am doing it twice in as many weeks. A week ago I was the discussion leader for The Dovekeepers for our book group (yes, I do realize I am repeating myself), and it went quite well, in no small part due to the wonderful help from my dear Hubband. He is much more practiced than I am on leading discussion groups. Round two is coming up on Sunday evening, on a movie this time. I will be showing the movie The Dark Crystal and then leading a the discussion afterwards. Hubband might be able to help me out again, but at this point we still aren't sure. Other than the obvious theme of "Good vs Evil" I am totally open to suggestions of themes and questions to ask if any of you out there have seen the movie.

No comments: