Saturday, April 18, 2009

Still kicking

and knitting, as well as other random stuff. I have finished a pair of socks, which brings me to 6 of 12, for those of you that might be wondering, or keeping track. I still have half of another pair done; well half plus a little of the second half.
I have also made a few dishcloths lately, which brings me to eight for the year so far. (I think it is eight, maybe I lost track of one or two. Not so many dishcloths happening due to socks being my new "go to project.")

 

Here is an "in progress" picture of an apron I finished before I left home,
 

and here it is finished. (For those of you that had said you wanted to see what I was sewing.) I will definitely be making more aprons when I get home. However, I might try to do the cutting out part while Oribel is outside so as to not get too much help.

Dad and I are at the library this afternoon, and I am thinking they are going to be closing soon. Hanging out here to do Internet stuff/email check works well as there are all sorts of things to keep dad entertained. (He does OK in the coffee shop for awhile as they have newspapers and books there too, but as one can imagine, there is way more here to entertain him! Oh, and of course he just ran into someone that recognized him from somewhere, so they got to chat for a few minutes!) So I am going to hit publish now, but you might get lucky and get another post soon!

7 comments:

SissySees said...

Pink and green are on your mind, eh? This old preppy loves 'em! I'm socking it to my socks in progress, so maybe I can finish #4 in the fourth month...

Jayhawk said...

Well, since I can't email you, please give your Dad my fond regards. We have fallen out of touch over the years, but I have always held him in the warmest esteem. He is a very special guy.

Claudia said...

Pink and green were our wedding colors. they just call to me. So I'm smiling all over your blog right now. :)

Bubblesknits said...

Love the socks. :-) And the apron. I'm still chugging along on my Rogue Roses. Almost to the toe of the first one. Yay!

Unknown said...

Great socks. I really like the colors and I love the apron.

It reminded me of my wedding. The reception was at my parent's home. My older sister made all of the "girls" aprons so that none of them would ruin any of their good clothes. I still have the extra one that she made me.

Arthur said...

Knowing your dad rather well, I strongly suspect that should have been "...OF COURSE he just ran into someone that recognized..."
:)

Unknown said...

Love those new socks. I often have dishcloths as go to for the dentist. Much easier to keep track of then socks. What is the pattern you are using?

The aprons are great. I think cutting while Oribel can't help is a great idea!

Enjoy the rest of your visit. g