Friday, December 18, 2009

In the last couple of weeks

since I have been here, life has gone on and stuff has been happening, even though the blog has seen no evidence of it. Or perhaps the lack of blogging proves that life has been happening?
Anyway, Hubband and I had a wonderful time planning and fixing dinner together on the fourth, and then watching our movie together. The next evening, our Christmas socks made their public debut. (Of course Hubband made sure several people noticed our matching socks at his work party.)
 

Another pair of socks have been started, finished, and delivered.
Pattern: Broadripple
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Fixation
Started: Dec. 1 Finished: Dec. 13
 

Sock count: 17/12+2 (I didn't have the right color of yarn for these, so I bought some, thus the +2)
 

Made for: My younger sister, who absolutely loves them and says they fit like a glove.
 

A co-worker of Hubband's had a new baby, so we all know what that means.


 

A couple of coasters were also made and delivered when I got home, another hat was started, and I do believe a pair of socks will be started this weekend.
In addition to knitting, there has been traveling to Idaho (before the blizzard hit here, thank goodness!), visiting with a few friends and my sister (delivery of socks, obviously), some general stuff taken care of there, and traveling back home with my dad in tow. He is here to visit and spend Christmas with us.
Next up comes catching up on getting ready for Christmas, the DTs coming home next week, and general life stuff. Blogging may or may not resume on a regular basis.

5 comments:

SissySees said...

Broadripple is in my queue - I think. Maybe I'll get back into socks in 2010, but no promises. Instead, I'll enjoy yours.

Anita said...

You've been busy! That's cute that he pointed out your matching socks. :)

gMarie said...

Love the matching socks. The baby hat is adorable.

I'm getting ready to be crazy getting ready for Christmas. I shopped my way home tonight! g

DTE said...

Will you please fix my poor doll's eye. The poor thing looks drugged or like she got hit on the head.

Bubblesknits said...

ROTFL at DTE's comment. heehee

Love all the FO's. You make me feel lazy!