Saturday, November 12, 2011

So last year

we read Shanghai Girls for book group and Hubband and I both really enjoyed it. Well,as I recall, I am pretty sure most everybody in the group liked it. I was really happy when the story was continued with the publishing of Dreams of Joy, and quite excited to be on a fairly short waiting list for in in eBook form. It was an excellent read, full of history and wonderful research. (Again, much easier to let you read the links rather than me repeating what has already been said.) I would strongly recommend both of these if you enjoy well researched historical fiction.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Sounds good!

By the way, Cold Mountain? Wonderful. Thirteen Moons, by the same author? Not so much. Nothing like arguing with the author over character development, exclaiming out loud, Nuh UH!