Monday, October 3, 2011

This was not the post I planned on

returning from the blogging hiatus with, but it is the one we all get anyway. I had planned on telling you all about our trip to Portland in May for DTY's college graduation, catching you up on my Project Spectrum doings, telling you about all the knitting I have been doing, sharing news about my trip to Milwaukee when friends that "lived in my computer" became "real", as well as a trip report of a family vacation to Washington, DC, this past week. Other than that brief "what I would have said" bit, I am not really here today to talk about any of that stuff.
 

Well, I guess in a way I will mention DC a wee bit more since in a way it leads into the real subject of this return posting. Last Wednesday Hubband, DTE, and I all got on a plane together, then changed planes together, and then landed in Washington, DC, where DTY met us via different plane routes. We all had a several days of fun and activities together, and then headed in three separate directions (all of that would be the previously planned report) on Saturday afternoon.
 

DTE and I flew back to our starting point together, where we were greeted by a cat who seemed fine with our return, and a dog who was, as always, very happy to have most of her pack back where they belong. About three hours after we got home from the airport, Sadie started fussing at the two of us, pacing, and wanting in and out. We figured fairly quickly that she was not OK and needed to to go to the Emergency Veterinary Clinic. Shortly after getting her there she was diagnosed with GDV (which I had rather suspected would be the case). Given that she was fourteen-and-a-half, an rare/strange heart murmur, and several other known age related issues, she was not a candidate for any kind of surgery, so I am pretty sure you know the rest of the story.
 


 


 





DTE headed back to her place in Minneapolis today and our house has never, ever felt this empty.

6 comments:

SissySees said...

Cry. I'm so sorry. I know how empty our home was when we were bassetless, even though we still had Mugsy...

bruce said...

So sad.. feel sorry and sad for all you guys.. rest in peace, Sadie...

gypsyknits said...

aawwww...sniff sniff. Still thinking of ya'll
Nice pictures of that beautiful girl to cherish as well as many happy memories.

Bubblesknits said...

(((hugs))) I'm so sorry, Barbara.

gMarie said...

::cry:: I'm so sorry - it's so hard to know that you are doing the right thing, isn't it? I hate that for you. I am very, very grateful that she had you with her and did not die alone and in pain. Hope she's now running with Dudley and Simon. g

AlisonH said...

I'm so sorry you lost her!