Friday, January 28, 2011

Today I was cleaning the family room,

which involved moving the ignored toys around. Of course, as soon as I touched her stuff, it became the center of attention.
 

Oribel had already pulled her bootlace out of the toy bowl to get a better look at what else was in there by the time I grabbed the camera. (About an hour later, her bootlace had found its way into the kitchen, near her box.)
 

She decided at that point the best thing to be found in the toy bowl were her catnip pillows.
 

Personally, I think it would have been a lot easier for her if she had taken them out first.
 

 

Yes, she is perfectly capable of getting them out of there if she wanted, and no, I am not going to do it for her. They are her toys and she is responsible for putting them where she needs them when she want to play with them. Unfortunately, she is much better at getting them out for play-time than she is at putting them away when she is done.


(Yes, I am mean like that. Just ask my kids, I made them carry their own school bags full of snowsuits and boots into preschool every day too. Well, maybe my kids didn't think it was mean, but I do remember another preschool mom saying as much one day.)

5 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

LOL One of our cats has started "killing" DL's "Calico Critter" toys and bringing them down the steps and laying them right in front of our bedroom door. Every morning, we've found a different one.

bruce said...

That cat is something else... life is never boring there....

SissySees said...

Never a dull moment. I believe she thinks her job is to keep you on your toes.

gMarie said...

Can you teach my pack to put their toys away? I haven't had much luck.

I love that she is crawling in the bowl to the play toys.

And i don't think making the kids pack their own is mean - it's called responsible parenting. Remind me to tell you the Princess wouldn't get dressed story some day! g

AlisonH said...

Such a gorgeous, gorgeous cat!