Wednesday, October 28, 2009

There is nothing like

standing there, minding your own business, looking out into your yard, and suddenly having something come out of nowhere and smash into the sliding glass door by your feet. Especially when the something turns out to be small, fluffy, and orange. Apparently Oribel noticed that someone who didn't belong there had made their way up onto her deck and it turned into a major issue. The someone turned out to be a very pretty gray tabby, but it was a really good thing the glass door was closed, considering all the noise and fuss that was happening on the inside, and from what I could see on the outside. It didn't take very long for the other cat to leave her deck, but she really wanted me to let her out so she could give it a piece of her mind (and paw, I'm sure) and make sure it had left her yard completely. Since I wasn't willing to accommodate her desires at that point, she spent awhile running back and forth from the door, to the kitchen window, to the front rooms, and to the front door to see where it had gone. There was a lot of looking out the door and talking to me about opening said door.

6 comments:

Jayhawk said...

Was there hissing?

Bubblesknits said...

LOL She looks like one of the Meerkats.

gMarie said...

Wow! I'm impressed that Oribel did such a great job guarding and the basset were . . . ?

your house must be so fun. g

SissySees said...

I don't know that I've seen a cat in that position before. She's clearly VERY alert...

momlee said...

I'm glad you and the bassets are being so well protected!!!

Anita said...

LOL! Upset that someone was on her turf huh? And she's so big & bad, I'm sure she wanted to go kick some kitty butt. :)