Monday, July 23, 2007

Still no babysitting, but yes to dry clothes and TdF knitting

Can I just say that the sound of a working dryer is a really wonderful sound? Also how wonderful it is to be able to open the dryer door and find dry stuff inside? You can't take dry clothes for granted (apologies to MCC), or at least I won't for a couple of weeks.
On to Tour news. I worked on Dr. Who some last night, and then worked on the Tornado Scarf for a while today. That is a new project for the Whoduknit? group. The pictures of the finished project for July's book have to be posted by August 15, but that really means the 14th at the latest for me since that is the day we leave on the train. So, no monogamous knitting for me (but you all might have noticed that by now, huh?). This is a scarf of my own umm, "Making It Up As I Go Along" design. We'll see how it turns out. It might end up being frogged yet and started over. I almost started another project, but was able to restrain myself. I still have a few WIP's to go as well as real deadlines.
As to the race itself. I didn't have the heart to tell Hubband about the elimination of Dave Zabriskie when the campers called the other night before hitting the trail head. Dave and Hubband used to race together in Criterions in SLC some twelve plus years back. Well, they rode in the same class category, but Hubband has been known to say that Dave was "sandbagging" and was "moved" into the pro class instead of the top ammiture one. Levi also rode with them in those races, but he was already in the pro class. But he wasn't allowed to carry some things in the race that he always had with him in his seat bag when he was training. A self-protection device he added after being run down on the road by a car and having his bike stolen. Hubband will be happy to know he is still in. Have many of you noticed that in the last decade or so, the winner of the tour has had either a first or last name that starts with an "L" ("Lammond," "Lance"). I read on the net that some folks think that gives Levi an edge since he has both. Hopeful folks, they are.
French cooking may be happening tomorrow. I am thinking about making this for dinner. Only drawback is that I will have to eliminate the eggplant since DTE is highly allergic to it. she has been known to be in the grocery store with her college roommate and say, "Oh look! they are selling death for only $1.19 a pound to day." The really sad thing is that she likes it and was very disappointed when we realized that it was the eggplant causing hives in her mouth and throat within about two minutes or less after putting it in her mouth. Yeah, that's why she went to the doctor over spring break and got an EpiPen for her trip to Greece. Eggplant would be a food group there.

No comments: